Friday, April 04, 2008

Visiting Iran?

Just a year ago, I found a new friend on the webbed world, thanks to this Iran travel Blog. She was Italian and was planning to visit Iran. Though we couldn’t arrange a meeting, but when she finished visiting Iran, she was so impressed with what she has seen in Iran, she wrote me some lines about her trip to Iran and I asked her for a permission to publish them here on my blog. So here it comes, just as a testimonial of a foreigner, westerner and European tourist, visiting Iran:

Dear Emad,
I am very sorry if I haven’t replied before, but I left for Iran on Dec 27th during the night and I read your mail only 5 minutes ago. At the moment I am in Shiraz, and we are finishing our tour of Iran, which included Tehran, Isfahan, Yazd and Shiraz, Persepolis. What I have seen so far in your country is absolutely above any expectations; Isfahan and Persepolis are wonderful dreams!
Tomorrow we are coming back to Tehran only for a few hours: we are getting to Laleh Hotel at about 5 pm, but being such a short notice, I understand it can be difficult to arrange something ; unfortunately we are leaving on Saturday morning to go back home.
I have read many things about Iran, and seen films and read about history, but seeing the real thing has been really a beautiful surprise; but apart from the beauties Iran has to offer, what impressed me most is the people: I think I have been together with the nicest people on earth!
I am sorry I got to know only now that your wife studies Italian, I could have brought something nice and interesting to her; by the way, if she thinks I can do something for her or send her anything she may need, let me know.
By the way I will try to phone you as soon as I arrive at the hotel tomorrow.

2 comments:

Abdul Mannan said...

Wow.Nice to see such informative blog for Iran.I am sharing one thing is that there should be post for Iran exports.As Iran is famous for its carpets,dried fruits like Iranian Pistachios ,walnuts and other nuts in all over the world.
anyway u have done good job.

Iranian Dress said...

good post dear,Iran is one of the worth seeing country due to its ancient civilization and some great famous exporting products like carpets,Iranian Tea and other agricultural products.